Over the last 3 months, we have been conducting a survey to understand pricing and market access launch drivers and challenges for a successful PMA launch, and the areas that can be improved for future launches. We are delighted to say that we have received fabulous feedback, with responses from at least 15 industry executives across global pharma companies.
Key findings include:
- Internal company barriers (e.g. budget/personnel) are rarely considered a significant challenge by pricing and market access teams.
- Pricing and market access teams now form a core part of the Commercial launch team and are considered a ‘strategic partner’ in 31% of cases.
- Most recent pricing and market access launches faced evidence challenges during payer negotiations, such as endpoint and comparator selection, and patient subpopulation data.
- Pricing and market access teams must be involved earlier in the clinical development process to ensure that the necessary clinical and economic evidence is available at launch.
- Finally, Senior Leadership should be educated as to EU price expectations and evidence requirements, to maintain sufficient investment to maximise pricing and market access launch success.
To download a full copy of the survey results, please go to: http://bit.ly/2lFM7LN
Thank you again for your terrific response – we hope that the outputs from it will prove valuable, and encourage the adoption of a more proactive, structured and cross-functional approach to market access across the industry.